Saturday 25 April 2015

Here we go...

After a life altering trauma was doled out to me a few months ago, I have decided to start this blog to keep track of all the new and different and sometimes repetitive turns my life will take.
In two short days I went from a normal 45 year old downhill skier, mountain biker, mom of two kiddos, wife, friend, daughter and sibling, to a new reality that now consists of learning how to use one leg only.  I had the misfortune of losing my leg to a blood clot.  Although I am on track to be fitted and up walking on a prosthetic in the near future it doesn't feel near enough.  My complicated operation started with an attempt at saving that leg but when things failed to work the move to amputate came next.  With the three incisions along both sides of my knee and the one across the bottom where my leg and foot used to reside I have run into a wound that does not want to heal easily or quickly and this has set me back a few months

The waiting is the hardest part right now...waiting for a leg, waiting for my life to start again...just waiting on this wound to heal...


  And now my new journey begins wish me luck...


No comments:

Post a Comment