Wednesday 16 September 2015

Back in the Kitchen

I think its safe to say Fall has arrived, the birds are back at the window feeders, the leaves are starting to fall to the ground and the night holds a chill.

I had the urge to pull out some canned pumpkin and do something with it, by something with it I mean "bake".  So off to Pinterest I went and started looking up recipes.  One of the ongoing challenges of my amputation is that for the two months that I was in hospital and then 3 months that followed I wasn't able to stand in my kitchen and prepare meals or bake treats which also means my pantry supplies are sadly lacking.  Happily I still had pumpkin sitting waiting for my return and I opted to make dog treats for my puppies, the first time I have baked anything for them since my surgery in January.  The kids were also on my list but when I went to grab some chocolate chips, the cupboard was bare...need to restock those little morsels of goodness.




I made a few jars of plum jam with the bounty off our backyard tree, I thought about making some fruit leather too but laziness got the better of me and I decided to just be happy with the jam.



No comments:

Post a Comment